Monday, July 09, 2007

Wedding Party #5

Our dear friends Albert (Bubba) and Lavinia threw a Romanian wedding shower for us on Sunday night. We invited all of our students and other people we know from our travels and met at the House of Culture for the event. About 30 people came.

The first house was spent welcoming people and enjoying the good food we had. Dana and I had brought a variety of Tillamook Cheese from Oregon and some salmon from Alaska. Dana created a very tasty salmon dip with it. It got rave reviews.

We then played some games. For the first one, they lined all the women up and blind folded me. I had to go down the line and feel every woman's hand and try to figure out which one belonged to Dana. By accident, I chose Lavina's hand (ooops). I had a chance to do it again later and was more successful.

We then played the newly-wed game. I didn't get many answers correct. I guess that Dana and I will have to talk about more things. Of course, some of the questions were ridiculous..... like, "What were you wearing on the day you went to get your marriage license?" Who knows that?!? Another question was, "What was the time you laughed the hardest together?" Our problem is that everyday we laugh about a bunch of things so neither of us chose the same event.

Albert brought back some of our wedding supplies like candles, bubble-tubes, and napkins and that added to the fun.

At the end, they gathered us in a circle and prayed for us. As people left, they gave us one more blessing. It was wonderful.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We had heard you were getting married. It has been a while (long while I guess) since I checked in on the blogs. Enjoy Romania and your time of service there. Could you send me Bubba's email? I would love to get in touch with him too. Thanks and blessings,

Scott Harris
sgharris@mac.com

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Wow, congratulations! We absolutely LOVED your Hungary pictures on your website. It takes us back to the summer we visited those same places with you. It's wonderful to follow your exciting life and travels.

Philip and Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home