Thursday, November 16, 2006

Winter Begins

We have had snow on the ground for over a week now. I am always a little nervous about the early snows because they are so beautiful and yet so fleeting. November snow-stick generally only has a half-life of 2 days before rain begins to slush it away. This time it has stayed for 10 days. Yesterday we were hit especially hard with around 12 inches of snow and more expected tomorrow. Everyone is crossing their fingers for a snow-day but I think it is unlikely to dump that much overnight.

There has been a lot of snowfall this week. With school canceled for two days, there was much time to enjoy the great outdoors. My friends Janet and Dana went for a walk in the woods with me. It was impressive to find undisturbed evidence of just how much had accumulated.

Snow was made for children.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Patty said...

I love it! I've seen lots of comments on our JDHS class of '86 group of people wanting to see Juneau covered in so much snow. Are you going to be posting any pictures of town that I can point them to in the next few days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home