Saturday, November 25, 2006

Winter Continues

On a stroll along the Auke Bay docks, I spotted a crew unloading their winter crab catch. Their hold was full of dungeness crab and they were working hard to unload it.

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I came across a porcupine sauntering down the middle of the road. I thought they hibernated in the winter but apparently not. He didn't really like being the center of attention so he headed off across a snowy field.

Two things that make for a miserable weather mix are cold and wind. That is exactly what we are getting. After a week or two of nice snow, the weather has turned bitterly cold. I took a quick trip downtown after school yesterday and captured this arctic gust which threatened to blow pedestrians down the road. The news reports we could get gusts up to 70 mph. Brrrrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home