Friday, July 06, 2007

Students and Co-workers

We are doing great. We are finally feeling like we are able to do what we came to do because we are building the relationships we desired with our students. My first student each day is Tudar (too-dar). He is 15 and is in an epic battle with his sister at home. We spent one whole class period this week talking about how to get along better with her and how to be more respectful with his parents. He seems receptive and has tried a few of my suggestions but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Another student of mine works in the city but has a unique hobby. He is a bee keeper. We spent time talking about the hobby and I want to read more on the subject now. He will bring us some honey next week. He wishes that people on earth were more like bees. Bees work together and don't get in each other's way. In other words, they don't sin.


I had a good conversation today with a lady. I took her over from another teacher who had to head back to the states. This lady and I talked about why Christians have more joy than non-Christians. It was a deep and rich conversation. I hope to meet with her again.
I have other students too and will share things that we talk about in the next week or so.


Carol and Caroline are our co-teachers from Alabama this year. They have been great to work with. They have such positive personalities and we have enjoyed getting to know them better. This was Carol's second year to work with me and Caroline's first. They both have wonderful senses of humor and they both love the Lord. We are sharing an apartment with them this year and have spent time getting to know them as we ride in taxis, metros, and busses.


Thank you to everyone who has been praying for cooler weather. It is working. God has blessed us with temperatures in the 80s. I was even cold the other night (while sitting in the air-conditioning of my bedroom).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home