Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rumikub

There is a game that I am totally addicted to called Rumikub. Last summer when I was here I bought a really nice set of Rumi-blocks to play in Juneau. Then I found some friends who were willing to play with me. We played just about every week this past winter.

When we got to Romania this summer, I bought another copy of the game and we have been playing is several nights a week. We have at least one of the interns addicted to it. Some nights we play WAY past our bedtime. We don't keep score and we bend the rules sometimes but it is all in the name of fun.

Last week at our favorite park, we discovered a group of old men playing a version of the game. We tried to figure out the rules but there were doing things we couldn't understand. I will have to try to look it up on the internet. We would have stayed longer to watch but we were kicked out when trying to take a photo. Fortunately I was able to sneak this one in before the great exodus.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Ooo, a spy photo! I love it. The summer's flying by, as I know it is for you. Greece, huh? We'll be studying ancient Greece and Rome in the fall. If you see anything small, cheap and educational or if you get any pictures to share, we'd love it.

I finished draft 1 of my book and I'm working on a read-through right now to catch glaring errors (like the chacacter I introduced and promptly forget, leaving her eternally homeless and friendless). Trying to get it ready for the conference.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAN ANYONE GO OVER THE RULES, I HAVE A GAME BUT FORGOT HOW TO PLAY. THANKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home