Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Classics

The past three weeks have been very enriching for us in so many ways. In fact, they have gone so well that we feel as if we've have a years worth of experience packed into a short period of time. Some of our classes are so good that we are certain they lasted much longer than an hour when in fact they didn't. As I've said before, we are growing to love our students and to be entwined with their lives.

On Sunday we had a mixer and around 20 of our students came. The Americans and non-students made the crowd to be around 50 people. We had a great time eating, chatting, and playing games. It was a success.

One of my students is a quality control engineer at a local (famous) croissant factory. We meet two times a week and we have had a good time sharing our thoughts on God and life. He has a very good sense of humor and also a big heart for his family. The other day he showed me his car. He told me today that he wants to take it to the beach soon. I told him that his wife would like that. He told me that his wife wouldn't go. Why not... is she afraid of the water? No, she is afraid of my car.

I plan to keep in touch with Vacile and the other students who will give me their email addresses. I am not always good at writing but I will make an attempt to keep in touch with these friends and encourage them in their lives and spiritual growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home