Monday, July 03, 2006

Animals

There was a lot of interesting wild life on our hike the other day. One surprising guest was a snake that was laying the middle of our path. There are not snakes in Alaska's wild so I had a little jump when I discovered this guy.

There were some cool plants and I saw tons of ladybugs chewing away on many of them.

On our way down the mountain, I had the window open and something hit my head. I asked Mihai if he had hit me for fun and he said that he had not. I looked back and there was a large moth flying behind him. By the time I got the flashlight out, he was gone. I figured he had flown out. Sunday morning after church, Dana climbed in the back of the car and gave a little scream. She had discovered the moth. The colors were amazing and several of us had to get photos of it before rescuing Dana.

Some other animals we saw on our trip were mules, lizards, frogs, mountain goats (not like the ones in Alasa), and lots of colorful birds.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiking is a good way to see nature's creatures up close and personal. Oh, yeah, that would be my daughter needing rescuing from a moth! LOL :0)

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He did, did he? Sounds like some of the adventures you two have had would be an entertaining sequel to National Lampoons Romanian Vacation!

Stay safe and God Bless....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home