Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Snails

Well, not a lot to say today. The weather continues to be hot, hot, hot and I don't know if you have noticed but the ALASKANS are MELTING out here. We went to a museum today to see a Rembrant painting (photos to follow) but I think most of use enjoyed the cold air-condisioning as much as (or more than) the art. After classes yesterday, we went hunting for some fans for the apartment but we could not find any because everyone was sold out.

We continue to build good relationships with our students and enjoy talking with them each day. A few have dropped out but they are eagerly replaced by others. I will give more detail in our weekly report on Friday.

Near our Institute location is a really nice park. We have enjoyed walking through it several times and may go rent some boats to paddle around the lake sometime in the near future. The other day, while walking in the park, we saw two snails attempting to cross the path. They were huge and also interesting to watch. I would guess they were about the size of a doughnut-hole (but not as tasty). I took a few photos and the ones displayed here are the best of the bunch.

I hope you all are having a good summer. Please drop me a note if you have a moment.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice "Fools Rush In" quote. It made me laugh.
I'm glad things are going well for y'all and my prayers continue. It's fun to recognize the references you make to the WEI materials.
Good news... Faby's pregnant! They confirmed it yesterday. Unfortunately, little Gomez will be born after I'm gone :(
I'll write more later. Take care and God bless,
M.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Papa John said...

Hmmmm. After the hectic pace of the rail and cable car trip and the multiple modes of transport and rescue, today's photos just seem to crawl. Maybe it's just the viewpoint. Are they really snailing downhill? What an interesting contrast to missions and culture and relationships and the colorful histories of eastern Europe. Just one more month left. Have you decided yet where you might go on your side-trip? Greetings to the team and to the Cooks. Eat well, get plenty of rest, and pace yourself too, son. I love you, and I am proud of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home