Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Getting to Know Folk

Since we are working long hours, we don't have lots of extra opportunities to get to know our students on a social level. This Sunday night we are inviting our students to join us for a little party. We are all eager to meeting their spouses and kids and just hang out a little bit.

This is not the first party we have been involved with. The day before our classes started, we had a get-together in a park with some of our Romanian friends. Some of them were former students and some of them were Christians from the Mihai Bravo Church of Christ. I have known many of them for several years and some of them I met at the park.

I am not much of a party person but this kind of social event is good for me. It gives me a chance to mingle and spend time with friends. The best part for me was when I pulled out my frisbees and got several people involved in a friendly game of catch. The food was also pretty good. We grilled up some meats and had some salad.

Above our park-spot was a mulberry tree. I climbed up into it and shook the branches. I was sorry I had done that because the berries all came crashing down and stained our clothing. I guess that is part of the risk of having fun.

-----

On another note, please keep our students in your prayers this week. We are starting to have some very deep conversations with them and we are being encouraged daily with their newly discovered understanding of God and his love for mankind.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Papa John said...

Oh Boy! Friends and friccase, buddies and Bar-B-Q, girls and guys and grills, chums and charred food, party, picnic, finger food, and good times.

I'll be remembering the ultimate goal for your students and friends there. I know the teachers have put a lot of their selves and their lives, and energy, and effort, and desires into presenting food for the souls you are serving. I hopethe outcome is a spiritual banquet.

Papa prays for you all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home