Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Promise Keepers

I didn't just go down to Washington state so my brother could take me on an awesome flying adventure (although that was certainly worthwhile). The major reason for my trip was to attend a Promise Keepers conference with my brother. This conference was designed as a time of spiritual renewal for men who are seeking to be good fathers, sons, brothers, employees, and servants of God. I was most impressed with the messages of Rick Rigsby and his encouragement to pursue a deeper relationship with God. Approximately 10,000 men were at this conference in Spokane with us last weekend.

The music at Promise Keepers is always a highlight. I have learned several new songs each time I go to a PK conference. My favorite new song this year is called I Will Boast in the Lord My God. There is an admittedly concert atmosphere at the conference and yet there is also a sense of worship shared among the participants.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this part of your trip. What were the other speakers like? Tell us more about how they described someone who is seeking to a good a servant of God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home