Friday, October 06, 2006

Flying In Kennewick With David

I have been picked up from airports around the world in various ways including cars, trains, taxis, metros, 4-wheelers, and once a bike. However, I had never been picked up by an airplane until now. My brother, David, met my commercial flight in Pasco with his Cessna and flew me around the Tri-cities on our way to Kennewick. It was a great way to start the weekend. David is an excellent pilot. He takes it very seriously and often uses his skills to help and encourage others. Check out his blog. I took over 300 photos on our flight and will show some of them in the next few days.

The windmill farms located just outside Tri-cities are impressive. Most amazing is each windmill's colossal size. Figure that the road below them is a standard single-lane path. Each windmill is 200 feet tall and each blade is 100 feet long. They need a breeze of at least 8 mph to star producing electricity but the optimal speed should be 35 mph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home