Thursday, August 24, 2006

First Day of School Cookies

My mother started a tradition years ago that carries on today. In fact, there are some indications that I went into education solely due to this annual event. I'm not sure how she did it after she started working when I was in third grade, but all through my school years I would return from school on day one to the smell and taste of good chocolate-chip cookies. Since I started teaching, the event has become hit-or-miss. This year I decided it needed to be a "hit" year so I talked my next door neighbor (a stay-at-home mom) into baking some store-bought dough while I was at school. It was sitting on my table when I got home and the sight of it rejuvenated me after an exciting but exhausting day. Thanks Lela. - www.wyattjourney.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home